Students must be at least 18 years of age to enroll at École Québec Monde (ÉQM).
Visa and Study Permit
ÉQM asks that you consult the Canadian embassy or consulate in your country of origin for information regarding the entry procedure into Canada. You do not require a Study Permit if your French immersion program lasts 26 weeks or less, but you might need a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada. If you study for more than 26 weeks, you must apply for a Study Permit – Canadian authorities will tell you how to proceed. In the event that you study without a permit or if you violate the conditions of your visa, you will be asked to leave Canada. For further information, please check the official website of the Canadian government.
Quebec Certificate of Acceptance or CAQ
You do not need to apply for a CAQ (Certificat d’Acceptation du Québec) if your French immersion program lasts 26 weeks or less. If you are studying for more than 26 weeks, you must apply for a CAQ. For further information, please check the official website of the Quebec government.
Medical insurance is mandatory for all EQM students. Non-Canadian students enrolled in EQM must submit, before the start of the course, proof of medical insurance contracted before their departure. ÉQM offers the possibility of subscribing to its Medical Insurance Plan at the time of your registration. It is also possible to do it on site, as soon as you arrive at the School. You will not be allowed to attend classes without medical insurance.
The ÉQM rates are valid from January 1 to December 31 of a given year. Please note that a registration for the following year made no later than October 31 of the current year is invoiced at the current year rates.
Homestay begins the Sunday prior to your starting date and ends the Saturday immediately following your last class. All additional nights are invoiced to the student and are subject to availability. Municipal bylaws impose a limit of one (1) additional night at the beginning and one (1) night at the end of the immersion program. Additionnal nights are not available during high season (June-July-August).
Special Dietary Requirements
When registering for our accommodation program, access to a special diet – vegan, gluten-free, organic, lactose-free or any other special need – is subject to availability and additional fees. Exceptionally, you may be asked to buy part of your own food in addition to paying additional fees.
You may access either the direct online registration form or the PDF registration form on the website of ÉQM. You can send the printed PDF form duly completed by mail, email or fax. Once we have received your registration, we will prepare your invoice and send it to you. The registration serves as a contract.
Upon reception of your invoice, you will need to pay the registration fee and, if applicable, the accommodation placement fee as well as 20% of the tuition fee in order to confirm your registration. If you need a visa to enter Canada, ÉQM will send you a Letter of Acceptance as soon as we receive the payment of the registration fee and, if applicable, the accommodation placement fee.
Final Payment Due
After the first payment is made, the remainder of the sum due must be paid, in a single payment or in monthly instalments, no later than 14 days before the start of the course specified in the contract. Please wait for the official invoice before sending us a payment.
A non-refundable registration fee is required. This fee covers the administrative cost of the registration process.
Accommodation Administration Fee
A non-refundable accommodation administration fee is required to cover the administrative cost of planning the homestay accommodation. It is recommended to pay the fee as soon as possible since placement is done on a first paid-first served basis.
Change of Accommodation Administration Fee
A student may ask a change of homestay. A change of accommodation administration fee equivalent to 3 nights ($ 135) is charged to the student. The change is made on the Sunday following the receipt of the request, except in case of emergency. In all cases, the student assumes the costs of moving from one accommodation to another.
Proof of Identity
Upon your arrival at ÉQM, we ask for your passport or a piece of official identification in order to make a photocopy for your file. Please note that your file is to be kept in a secure location. Passports and official identification documents are given back at once.
Absences and lateness are registered in the student's file. The course completion certificate and, when applicable, the end of program evaluation are only handed to students who attended at least 80% of the classes.
Holidays taken by students
If students decide to take holidays when their course has started and wish not to lose the corresponding weeks of course, ÉQM must be imperatively informed, in writing, at least one (1) week before the planned date of absence and told of its duration. The course period is then extended by the number of weeks of holidays taken. Only complete weeks are considered. This condition does not apply to the homestay program. Payments to the homestay program are maintained during the absence of students and the additional weeks of lodging are invoiced to students. If students cannot extend their stay, no refund is made
If students have a complaint regarding the course, the administrative approach, another student, a professor or a member of the management staff, the director must be informed of the complaint. The director discusses the complaint with students in order to find a solution acceptable to all parties involved in the dispute. If the dispute directly involves the director, a written complaint must be sent to the President of the Board of directors of ÉQM so that he meets the concerned parties and reaches an agreement which is acceptable to all of them.
At ÉQM, French is the only language used to communicate on school premises, in the classroom and during activities organized by ÉQM. Failure to respect this policy might lead to being expelled from ÉQM.
Please note that the following fees are NON-REFUNDABLE:
• Registration Fee
Cancellation Policy before Program Start Date
• Accommodation Placement Fee
Cancellation Policy after the Start Date
- Visa denial: When a visa is denied, tuition fee is refunded only if ÉQM receives a cancellation request in writing and the letter received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- More than 30 days: If a written notice of withdrawal is received by ÉQM more than 30 days before the start of the course specified in the contract, ÉQM will retain a cancellation fee of 20% of total tuition due under the contract to a maximum of $1000.
- Between 0 to 30 days: If a written notice of withdrawal is received by ÉQM between 0 and 30 days before the start of the course specified in the contract, ÉQM will retain a cancellation fee of 30% of total tuition due under the contract to a maximum of $1500.
If the registration is canceled on arrival or after the start of the course, tuition fee is reimbursed based on the percentage of completion of the total study period specified in the contract at the time of receipt, in writing, of the cancellation request.
Cancellation Policy of French Online Program (Private lessons)
- Between 0 to 10%: If the notice of withdrawal is received by ÉQM within the first 10% of the total study period or if a student does not show up on their scheduled start date, ÉQM will retain a cancellation fee of 40% of the tuition due under the contract.
- More than 10% to 30%: If the notice of withdrawal is received by ÉQM when more than 10% up to 30% of the total study period has elapsed, ÉQM will retain a cancellation fee of 60% of the tuition due under the contract.
- More than 30%: If the notice of withdrawal is received by ÉQM when more than 30% of the total study period has elapsed, no refund is granted and no credit will be given for the remaining amount.
Cancellations are subject to a $100 Cancellation Fee.
The registration fee ($50) applies to transfer of lessons.
If the online lessons have to be halted, a credit may be applied to another ÉQM program within the next twelve (12) months. Alternatively, the remaining lessons may be transferred to a colleague, a friend or a family member. If the program is cancelled, the remaining tokens may be reimbursed at 50% of their original value.
Cancellation Policy of Home Stay Program
All home stay cancellations or withdrawals are subject to a $200 Cancellation Fee.
- Prior to Arrival: If the written notice of cancellation or withdrawal from the home stay program is received by ÉQM before the start date of the program specified in the contract, a full refund will be given save for the cancellation fee.
- Between 0 to to 30%: If the written notice of withdrawal from the home stay program is received by ÉQM within the first 30% of the total accommodation period or if a student does not show up on their scheduled date, ÉQM will refund the unused portion minus 1 week of home stay fee and the cancellation fee of $200.
- More than 30%: If the written notice of withdrawal from the home stay program is received by ÉQM when more than 30% of the total accommodation period has elapsed, ÉQM will refund the unused portion minus 2 weeks of home stay fee and the cancellation fee of $200.